Call for Abstracts – “Identity, Culture and Law” to be held on 24 September 2019 at the NOVA Law School, New University of Lisbon
This conference aims at bringing together scientists of different research fields from the social, human and medical sciences, as well as representatives of various civil associations, sharing a common interest in classic and contemporary issues of identity and culture, as well as the role of law in dealing with these issue.
We highly welcome contributions covering the following topics:
– Individual and social aspects of the psychological construction of identity;
– Foreigners, refugees, immigrants, stateless persons, displaced persons, minorities, “groups”
– Forms of invisibility, discrimination, persecution and violence against “groups”
– Theories on interculturality, multiculturality, cultural transfer, translation, gender etc.
– Principles and systems for the protection of fundamental rights and human rights (at national, regional and universal levels) in face of these issues.
Please submit your proposal here:
Or send us (email@example.com) an abstract of 300 words for a 30-minutes presentation by 10 August 2019. Please also indicate your name, institution and position. A list of the accepted proposals will be posted on the conference’s webpage by 15 August 2019.
· Deadline abstract submission: 10 August 2019
· Decision acceptance / rejection: 15 August 2019
Please visit the homepage of the conference for further details:
This conference is financed by national funds through the FCT – Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, I.P. (Foundation for Science and Technology, Public Institution, Portugal) whithin the project Cosmopolitanism: Justice, Democracy and Citizenship without Borders – PTDC/FER-FIL/30686/2017.
We are looking forward to welcoming you at the conference!
The organizing committee